Vidzeme - North Latvia
May - October
Spend the day tour in Latvia by slowly boating down the river and taste local Latvian food at the hemp farm. listen to interesting hemp farmer stories and taste the local food, final product yourself of this hemp farm. Spectacular canoeing tour afterwards on a small river that goes trought the wilderness of Latvia will help you to relax in the quiet environment.
About The Tour
Canoeing, hemp tasting and day out on the countryside of Latvia is what this tour is all about. Day out of the city on the countryside of Latvia to taste localy made hemp products and to enjoy the tranquil nature of Latvia while padling down the picturesque river that goes trough the forests, fields and passes by beautiful sandstone cliffs.
Learn about history of hemp as well as growing and working with this culture from past until the modern day
- Visit hemp farm and discover hemp making process
- Enjoy nature of Latvia while canoeing the Salace river
- Duration of the canoeing is ~3 hours.
- We recommend to bring with you: Rain coat (poncho) and extra pair of shoes and socks
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress according to the weather and wear proper shoes for walking.
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
Tour Price and Booking
From 60 EUR*
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Hemp tasting
*Price is provided for the complete groups! To get quote for your group size click "+Inquire / Book"!
About this region of Latvia - Vidzeme
The Wild Side of North Latvia
Vidzeme (Northern Latvia)
Hemp grown in Latvia is processed in various ways. Resistant ropes can be made from hemp fiber and seeds can be used to make a finished dressing, which is very healthy and tastes good together with rye bread.
Farm owner and his lady very kindly welcomes guests, now also from different countries of the world.
Farmer will introduce you with history of the farm, with the hemp cultivation and application. You will see ancient household items and tools exhibited in the yard.
Guests are welcome to participate in the hemp dressing tasting and mead barley malt milling.