This tour will be a sweet desert for those who are interested in history and different military legacy, specially Soviet military technology and attributes as a former secret Soviet bunker in Latvia will be visited.
Soviet bunker is located 9 metres underground which was declassified only in 2003. It was constructed in the 1980s for the needs of the political and power elite for governing the state in the case of a chemical or nuclear attack
Depending on the day of the visit also popular Soviet era meal will be available right inside the bunker canteen.
Besides the visit of the bunker we are also offering to visit a historic WW2 battle museum and front line.
This tour is available also without the More Battle Museum and WW2 front line visit, in this case please inform us during the booking process.
In the bunker you will witness:
- Plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydropower stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water and how that would affect largest towns;
- Autonomous electrical station with diesel ģenerators and fuel reservoirs;
- Conditioning equipment for air purification;
- Water supply and sewerage equipment which operates in accordance with submarine principle; - Special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country;
- Books by Marx, Lenin, Brezhnev and other Soviet times politicians;
- Unique map with historic names of collective farms;
- Materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
- Canteen with a typical Soviet menu;
- Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and daily items.